|15 Bean Mixture|
- 1 bag of 15 bean soup (sold in the bean section of your local market)
- 1/2 lb of the meat of your choice (I used bacon ends this time but like ham and chicken too)
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Chili's or Plain Crushed Tomatoes if you don't like spicy
- Salt and Pepper
- Water to cover beans plus 3 cups
|Rotel Diced Tomatoes|
with Green Chilies makes
a spicy soup.
- RINSE your beans under running water to wash.
- ADD the beans to the cooker and then cover with water. Make sure there is EXTRA WATER to allow the beans to absorb without the risk of the pot drying out. DO NOT ADD THE TOMATOES JUST YET.
- CUT the meat you wish up into chucks. ADD to water/bean mixture.
- SPRINKLE in a little salt and pepper.
- COVER and allow to COOK for 5 hours or UNTIL beans are done.
- DRAIN Rotel or Tomatoes and ADD them to the pot. STIR and allow one more hour to cook. Add water if needed.
|All the ingredients are in.|
Now just allow time to cook.
SERVE with fresh bread or rolls. Serves 8 people.
This soup is economical and feeds a large family with ease. This would also be a great soup to share at a potluck or with those in need during the cold season. Freeze some for future enjoyment and just reheat it in your microwave.
Easy peasy! Enjoy and stay warm!